This course will teach the educator strategies for effective communication, how to teach abstract concepts and why meaning gets lost in the minds of children with ASD. This will improve the child’s overall comprehension, ability to respond, and help the child become a contributing member of the class.
This course will cover these topics:
- What makes communication so difficult?
- Why is information MIA?
- Comprehension Difficulties
- Making Language Linear and Non-Abstract
- Abstract Terms and the TEACH method
- 21 Tips for Better Communication.
- Communication with Non-verbal and Less Verbal Children- Developmental Milestones Chart
- Communication with Non-verbal and Less Verbal Children Using Sign Language
- Communication with Non-Verbal and Less Verbal Children Using PECS
- Communication with Non-Verbal and Less Verbal Children Using Toys to Promote Language
- Communication in Summary