The purpose of this course is to help you understand the executive functioning deficit of children with autism, the many ways it influences behavior, and also serve as a guide for you in establishing teaching strategies that will increase your ASD student’s success in the classroom. This will support you by boosting your confidence in working with and having a child with autism in your classroom, and also help you to leverage the strategies you learn to support the entire class.
This class will cover these specific topics:
- What is Executive Functioning and What does it do?
- The Connection Between Lack of Executive Function, Linear Thinking, and Comprehension
- Accountability and Setting Boundaries
- With the Lack of Accountability, How Do We Teach Rule-Following?
- Stumbling Blocks related to Executive Functioning and Accountability
- Guidelines on How to Develop Accountability and Executive Functioning
- Prompting Before Stimulate Executive Functioning and Accountability
- Teaching Metacognition and Problem Solving
- Executive Functioning Stimulation Worksheet