This class will provide the teacher with a clear understanding of why children with autism are not motivated like children without autism, as well as the strategies to motivate a child with autism to complete tasks and follow the rules. This will support the teacher’s efforts to stimulate interest and participation, gain cooperation, and increase compliance in general.
This class will cover these specific topics:
- Intrinsic vs. Extrinsic Motivation
- Why Doesn’t He/she Respect Authority?
- Why Doesn’t He/she Follow the Rules?
- Gaining Cooperation, Increasing Compliance with a Child with Autism
- Prompt Dependency and Learned Helplessness